- Log into the Toolwire LiveLabs environment.
- Complete the weekly labs described below using Toolwire LiveLabs.
- Provide deliverables in the form of documents, files, and / or screenshots for the steps specified in each lab assignment. Some labs require the use of Microsoft Word or OpenOffice for preparing and submitting deliverables.
- Answer the Lab Assessment questions for each of the individual labs completed in each week’s Lab Assignment. Note: This is an academic writing assignment. Correct punctuation, grammar, and spelling are necessary. Points will be deducted for poor writing.
|Toolwire LiveLabs Lab Submission Breakdown|
|LabAssignment||WeekDue||Toolwire Lab #: Title||Deliverables for Submission|
|1||2||Lab 1: Analyze Essential TCP/IP Networking Protocols||1. A copy your Wireshark Lab 1 .pcap file in electronic format2. A screen capture of your successful NetWitness Investigator packet capture import, as a text document
3. The Assessment Questions and Answers for Lab #1
Lab Assessment Questions
- What is the purpose of the address resolution protocol (ARP)?
- What is the purpose of the dynamic host control protocol (DHCP)?
- Identify the DHCP allocated source IP host address for the vWorkstation desktop and the TargetWindows01 virtual server.
- When you pinged the targeted IP host (172.30.0.8 or 172.30.0.200), what was the source IP address and destination IP address of the ICMP echo-request packet?
- Did the targeted IP host respond to the ICMP echo-request packet with an ICMP echo-reply packet? If yes, how many ICMP echo-request packets were sent back to the IP source?
- Find a TCP three-way handshake for a Telnet, FTP, or SSH session. What is the significance of the TCP three-way handshake?
- What was the SEQ# of the initial SYN TCP packet and ACK# of the SYN ACK TCP packet?
- During the instructor’s Telnet session to LAN Switch 1 and LAN Switch 2, what was the captured terminal password for LAN Switch 1 and LAN Switch 2?
- When the instructor used SSH to a Cisco router, were you able to see the terminal password? Why or why not?
10.What other IP packets are on the VLAN and Ethernet LAN segment? How can these other IP packets provide additional clues or information about the logical IP routing and IP addressing schema?