Assignment Help Online on meteorology intermediate math skills
Chapter 7. Clouds, Precipitation, and Weather Radar
1. A cumulus cloud forms in the updraft of a convective circulation over warm ocean waters. The sea-level temperature is 20 °C (68 °F) and the relative humidity is 40%. The mixing ratio of the air at sea-level is __________ grams per kilogram (Table 6.4of your Weather Studies textbook). The air ascends and cools at the dry adiabatic rate, eventually becomes saturated, and a cloud forms. Use the Stüve diagram (Figure 6.19 of your Weather Studies textbook) to determine the approximate altitude where the relative humidity of the ascending air equals 100%. Answer: __________ km
2. Within a cloud at a temperature of −10 °C (14 °F), the saturation vapor pressure surrounding a supercooled water droplet is 2.86 mb and the relative humidity is 100%. What is the relative humidity of the air surrounding an ice crystal in the same cloud? Answer: __________ %. Hence, the cloud is [(saturated) (supersaturated)] for ice crystals.
3. What is the dewpoint in radiation fog at a temperature of 5 °C (41 °F)? Answer: _____ °C
4. Suppose that a cloud droplet has a terminal velocity of 1 cm per second. If the air is calm (no updrafts or downdrafts), how long would it take for the cloud droplet to descend from the cloud base a vertical distance of 2000 m? Answer: _________ hours. Within that time frame, the cloud droplet is [(likely) (unlikely)] to evaporate in the unsaturated air below cloud base.
5. As a very general rule, 10 cm of fresh snow melts to 1 cm of liquid water. The density of fresh water is 1 gram per cubic cm. Hence, the average density of fresh snow is 0.1 gram per cubic cm. Determine the density of snow if the ratio of snowfall depth to melt-water depth is 3 to 1. Answer: __________ grams per cubic cm; ratio of 30 to 1. Answer: __________ grams per cubic cm
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
and experience the difference of letting the professionals do the work for you!
We are people committed to nothing but quality custom writing services!
It is a complete Writing Package With Free Plagiarism Report A Custom Paper and Free Revision
Direct Contact With Your Writer 24/7/365 Customer Support, We work towards your Success!