Assignment Help Online on meteorology intermediate math skills
Chapter 9. Atmosphere’s Planetary Circulation
1. Compare and contrast the climate graphs representing mean monthly precipitation at San Diego, CA and Charleston, SC (Figure 9.9 of your Weather Studies textbook). In San Diego, the meteorologically designated rainy season is [(Winter) (Spring) (Summer) (Fall)] while in Charleston, the greatest monthly rainfall totals occur in the [(Winter) (Spring) (Summer) (Fall)] season. In Charleston, [(convective showers and thunderstorms) (frontal overrunning)] likely account(s) for the bulk of the summer rainfall.
2. For both San Diego and Charleston, from March to April the mean monthly precipitation [(increases) (remains the same) (decreases)] probably because of fewer [(thunderstorms) (low pressure systems)].
3. Examine the march of mean monthly temperature and mean monthly precipitation for New Dehli/Safda, India (Figure 9.12, of your Weather Studies textbook). The warmest month on average is [(May) (June) (July) (August)] which occurs [(just prior to) (during) (after)] the monsoon rainy season.
4. According to Figure 9.25 of your Weather Studies textbook, in 1982-83, the southern oscillation index was [(positive) (negative)]. This [(was) (was not)] consistent with the nature of El Niño as shown by the sign of the sea-surface temperature anomalies in the region of the tropical Pacific bounded by 5 degrees N/5 degrees S and from 120 to 170 degrees W. Refer to Figure 9.33 on page 302.
5. Based on information in Figure 9.44 of your Weather Studies textbook, the strongest El Niño episodes feature anomalies that tend to be [(greater)(less)] than anomalies associated with the strongest La Niña episodes.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
and experience the difference of letting the professionals do the work for you!
We are people committed to nothing but quality custom writing services!
It is a complete Writing Package With Free Plagiarism Report A Custom Paper and Free Revision
Direct Contact With Your Writer 24/7/365 Customer Support, We work towards your Success!