· Include a title slide.
· Include an introductory slide.
· Define carbohydrates and the basic function of sugars and starches in the body.
· Describe the difference between simple and complex carbohydrates.
· Describe how sugars are broken down and used in the body.
· Discuss the benefits carbohydrates provide to the body.
· Provide a slide containing examples of foods that are considered healthy sources of carbohydrates.
· Include information on one of the following disorders related to carbohydrates: lactose intolerance, diabetes, or hypoglycemia.
Include a definition, how it affects the body, and some courses of action used to treat and manage the disorder.