Clinical field experience c: functional behavior assessment processes
Allocate at least 6 hours in the field to support this assignment.
Observe an early childhood classroom that includes children with exceptionalities, paying attention to behaviors that may require a Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA). Observing an inclusive or resource room is acceptable. Additionally, interview one or more school administrators (i.e., principal, school psychologist) about FBA processes and best practices.
Your interview should address the following questions:
- Regarding a Functional Behavior Assessment, who usually observes the student and collects the data?
- Is the student observed in more than one environment?
- Is information from the parent included in the data collection? How is the data collected?
- What are some of the most common behaviors you have observed?
- How are the FBA results used to make decisions about children’s development and learning?
- How is consistency regarding behavior management promoted throughout the school?
- How are expectations communicated throughout the school?
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect upon your interview and explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.
Is this the question you were looking for? If so, place your order here to get started!