Part I: Description of the State of the U.S. Economy
1. Describe the state of the U.S. Economy for the years between 2012 and now in terms of macroeconomic measures discussed in the course (GDP, unemployment, and inflation rates). Select ONE of these macroeconomic measures to write about. Use data from the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), , and other government agencies and departments, such as Department of Labor (Bureau of Labor Statistics), Department of Commerce (Bureau of Economic Analysis), etc. and present the data in charts, graphs, or tables.
2. As you will notice from your data analysis, the economy passes through different phases and turns. Discuss the implications of a given state (for example, recession) in terms households, businesses, and the entire society. Share your thoughts as to why it is important for you to understand the different states through which the economy passes. Share personal examples and experiences. While Covid-19 has been a major disruptor of the economy, it should not form the major basis for your paper, so many other things have taken place since 2012.
Part II: Analysis of Economic Policies
1. In your analysis of the macroeconomic data, you will notice that the U.S. economy passed through a major recession. Based on research, discuss the underlying causes of the recession. Identify monetary and fiscal policies implemented by the Federal Reserve and the government to deal with the recession.
2. Evaluate the expected and actual effects of each policy. Your response needs to include the name of the policy, description of the policy, the year it is implemented, and discussion of expected and actual outcomes in terms of the GDP, unemployment, and inflation rates.
3. After close observation of the different perspectives discussed in the course, share your position on the effectiveness of fiscal and monetary policies to deal with recession or inflation.
4. As part of the economy, each of us will be affected by the state of the economy and the actions policy makers take to stabilize or advance it. Conclude by sharing why understanding these actions and outcomes matter to you as an individual who is part of the economic system. How do they affect the society/economy? What could be done differently? Share personal examples and experiences
Is this the question you were looking for? If so, place your order here to get started!