Discussion: Global Social Movement
Discussion: Global Social Movement
ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPER ASSIGNMENT : Discussion: Global Social Movement
Each student must write a brief essay (3-5 pages double spaced) that evaluates the #MeToo Movement using a global perspective and draft a resolution to the UN as outlined below. Each question is worth 3 points. One point will be given to mechanics and citation. Be sure to apply relevant sociological concepts in your answers.
Your essay should address the following questions:
1. Is this an example of a global social movement?
Why or Why not?
Pay particular attention to:
– social contexts in which the movement has received support (what do these
have in common, how are they different?)
– social location; the voices we hear AND importantly, the voices we don’t hear;
who benefits from these discussions, whose concerns are represented, whose
concerns are not?
2. Do you think the movement will have the power to make a difference in the world?
Use examples to explain why or why not. Be specific about claims and grievances
as they relate to movement goals and success.
3. Provide three suggestions to the [#MeTooorganizers/United Nations Women] who
hope to spark a global social movement?
From its inception in 2007, the #MeToo movement (with its founder Tarana Burke),hassought to promote justice for women and girls who were survivors of sexual abuse and assault. After the events in late 2017, and the tremendous response to #MeToo(particularly in western nations like the US), there is an emerging effort underway in the United Nations to transform the #MeToo moment into a global movement.
United Nations (UN) Women
You have been assigned the Contemporary Social Movements and Profound Change (CSMPC) sub-committee under the supervision of United Nations (UN) Women. UN Women wants to harness the spirit, as well as empower the grassroots networks and organization that have taken up the call for meaningful social change around issues affecting the lives of women and girls the world over.
You are tasked with the job of globalizing #MeToo. You will need to prepare a briefdraft document for a UN Resolution. This resolution will be brought before the General Assembly by UN Women. The goal of the draft resolution will be to capitalize on the momentum of #MeToo movement.
1. Your resolution should consider the experiences and circumstances of women and girls from all over the world. Make sure that your draft resolution connects with different groups in our global community. Although the #MeToo movement began in the United States, UN Women want their resolution to speak to social justice issues for all women, in all parts of the world (globalizing #MeToo).2. Do you think the movement will have the power to make a difference in the world? Use examples to explain why or why not. Be specific about claims and grievances as they relate to movement goals and success.
3. Propose at least three realistic ways to broaden appeal of the #MeToomovement through media campaign, focusing on:
i) the movements reach (the global awareness of the movement and the
importance of the issues it is taking up);
ii) the relevance (the extent to which individual, groups, and communities in
various parts of the world see those issues as important to their everyday
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.
Get a 10 % discount on an order above $ 50
Is this the question you were looking for? If so, place your order here to get started!