In this assignment, the public administrator will build upon the two (2) challenges identified in Assignment 2, Question 4 by addressing leadership and ethical behaviors.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Propose two (2) ethical concerns that management may need to address. Create the context in which such concerns may or may not be ethical in nature. Provide a rationale for your response. Note: In this question, the student focuses at the two challenges and address if and how the challenges may raise any ethical issues within and outside of the agency.
- Analyze the overall manner in which organizational structure impacts organizational ethics. Select one (1) public agency or one (1) non-profit organization in which the challenges may not be considered unethical. Provide a rationale for your response. Note: in this question, the student will address an agency where the ethical issues discussed in Question #1 may not be ethical in another agency.
- Use the Inventory of Public Management Skills Management, located on pages 11 to 12 of the textbook, to construct a self-evaluation. Assess your level of development in each of the skills. Discuss two (2) to three (3) activities that would affect your ability as a leader to address the ethical issues discussed in Question #1. Note: The student focuses on how his / her evaluation may negatively affect his / her ability to lead the organization when faced with ethical issues.
- Based on the response in Question 3, discuss two(2) to three (3) strategies you will implement to become an effective public administrator.
- Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (no more than five  years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and governmental Websites Wikipedia, other wikis, and any other Websites ending in anything other than “.gov” do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Rearrange public administration, both the traditional and the new approaches, from structural, functional, and process perspectives, as well as the key goals of the public and private sector.
- Predict the changing nature and responsibilities for managing public and nonprofit organizations.
- Critique ethics in public service and its influence on the study of public administration as it relates to political choice.
- Compose the concepts of public leadership and management essential to the study of public administration.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in public administration.
- Write clearly and concisely about public administration using proper writing mechanics.