Analyze factors that should be considered when measuring the results of quality initiatives by using the quality initiative the Learning Team selected to be the best fit for BJB. Address the leadership’s roles in successfully deploying an initiative. Then determine how this approach would help enhance the accomplishment of the following:
- Reduction of the number of product failures
- Material and labor costs due to gains in operational efficiencies
- Customer complaints management
- Environmental regulations compliance
- Reduction of the number of damage claims and service reliability in the supply chain
- Levels of inventory
- Inventory damage and shrinkage management
- Communications, cooperation, and coordination between all departments within the company improvement
BJB Manufacturing Company Quality Program Proposal Part I to III Presentation
Prepare a 12- to 15-minute oral presentation of Part I-III of the BJB Total Quality Management Program proposal your team developed.
Include 10-12 Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides.
With speaker notes
DQ Questions 300 words each
Week 4 DQ 1 – Switching suppliers
What are some areas of a company adversely affected when switching suppliers? How would altering suppliers affect the different areas of a manufacturing company? How would it affect the different areas of a service company?
Week 4 DQ 2 – Cost of switching suppliers
Can all costs be determined up-front when altering a supplier relationship? Explain how altering a supplier relationship would affect each of the following areas:
- Quality of products or services
- Transportation costs
Is cost the most important factor to be considered when changing suppliers? Why?