meteorology intermediate math skills Online paper writing services
Chapter 8 Wind and Weather
1. Convert the following wind speeds, using the equivalents as 1 knot = 1.15 mph = 0.51 m/s. (Round answers to the nearest whole number):
30 statute mph = __________ knots 10 m per second = __________statute mph 55 knots = __________statute mph
2. Based on the standard atmosphere (Table 5.2 of your Weather Studies textbook), compute the vertical pressure gradient in mb per km between sea-level and an altitude of 3 km. Answer: _________ mb per km. The vertical pressure gradient is [(greater than) (about the same as) (less than)] a typical horizontal pressure gradient displayed on a surface weather map.
3. If the horizontal air pressure gradient increases, the wind speed will [(increase) (not change) (decrease)] and the magnitude of the Coriolis Effect will [(increase) (not change) (decrease)].
4. The magnitude of the Coriolis Effect is greatest at [(5) (35) (90)] degrees latitude.
5. In a typical extra-tropical cyclone, the vertical motion of air is typically only 1% to 10% of the horizontal wind speed. If the horizontal wind is blowing at 20 km per hour, what is a reasonable value for the vertical air motion in a cyclone? [(0.2-2.0 km per hr) (2-20 km per hr) (20-200 km per hr)]
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
and experience the difference of letting the professionals do the work for you!
We are people committed to nothing but quality custom writing services!
It is a complete Writing Package With Free Plagiarism Report A Custom Paper and Free Revision
Direct Contact With Your Writer 24/7/365 Customer Support, We work towards your Success!