NR 442 Community Health Nursing Full Course Assignment Help
NR 442 NNA Bioterrorism Self-Study Exam
- Which of the following biological agents is not contagious?
- ……………. following biological agents does not occur naturally in the U.S.?
- Which biological agent forms a spore?
- ……… of the following is a true statement regarding smallpox?
- What is the minimum length of isolation for people exposed to smallpox?
- Aside from pregnant women, which of the following population should NOT receive a prophylactic smallpox immunization (ie. Immunization without history of confirmed smallpox exposure)?
- CASE: You are working as a first aid nurse in a large convention center. Approximately 500 people have been attending an all day community health conference. By mid-afternoon, however, more than a hundred attendees have developed complaints of double vision, dry mouth, and weakness. Some have even left to go to the hospital. What is the most likely biological agent causing these symptoms?
- CASE: You are a home health nurse in your hometown. You live in a rural suburb of a large west coast city. You respond to a 911 call from a private residence where a 30 year old male is complaining of fever, headache, and vomiting. Upon arrival, you find him with mild shortness of breath. T= 101.2F, heart rate 98, blood pressure 112/68, respiratory rate 28. He appears ill. Because you’ve seen a number of similar patients tonight, you suspect a biological attack has taken place. After your initial assessment, your first course of action should be to:
- Which of the following is a true statement regarding personal protective equipment (PPE) for biological weapons:
- CASE: You work at a local clinic. Your co-worker has developed a fever, nonproductive cough, headache, and skin lesions over the past day or two. They are primarily on his arms and face. They are red, tender, and appear to have a very small bit of bleeding in their center. Which of the following is the most likely cause of his symptoms?
NR 442 Week 3 ELO: Home Health Care
NR 442 Week 5 ELO: Community Violence
NR 442 Week 6 ELO: Interactive Exercise – Epidemiology
- Define epidemiology.
- There are two principal types of epidemiology: (1) analytic epidemiology and (2) descriptive epidemiology. Describe each.
- Explain the epidemiological triangle model of agent-host-environment, Wheel Model and the web of causation model.
- Describe the concept of risk.
- How do you calculate rates?
- Morbidity rates refer to rates of illness in a defined population. The two primary morbidity rates are incidence rates and prevalence rates. Describe each.
- Rates of disease can be calculated to determine risk. Describe attributable risk and relative risk.
- Primary prevention relies on epidemiological information to indicate those behaviors that are protective (and thus will not contribute to an increase in disease) and those that are associated with risk. Describe and provide 2 examples of primary prevention, secondary and tertiary prevention strategies.
NR 442 Assignment: Community Windshield Survey Form
Introduction of Community (P/F):
Windshield Survey (P/F):
Vulnerable population (P/F):
References: References are not required for this survey:
NR 442 Required Uniform Assignment (RUA): Care of Populations PowerPoint
NR 442 Clinical Debriefing
Name of community agencies/events attended:
South West Human Development
Mission/Goal(s) of the agency attended or responsible for the event:
Reach out to first time moms and give them resources.
2850 N. 24th St.
PHOENIX, AZ 85008
What is the funding for the agency? Is it a non-profit or for profit agency?
It is a non-profit agency that is government funded.
What is/are the Population(s) served at the community agencies/events:
First time Moms. Many of the patients my nurse and I had were Hispanic.
What are the role(s) of CH nurse at the community agencies/events:
The role of the nurse is to educate the mother and explain what to expect while pregnant and wh.t to expect when the baby is actually there. I realized the nurse was a big listener and more of a friend for the patients.
What is the CH nurse’s involvement of local, state, and national government in health care policy and legislation? If no involvement is identified, give examples how a CH nurse can become involved in contributing to policy and legislative advancement pertaining to the agency.
I do not know if my nurse is involved in the health care policy and legislation but for her to get involved would be to understand what it is to be able to advocate for all her patients. She might be able to get more grants for the company to be able to get even more resources for the patients, but the key factor is to be educated first.
What ethical issues did you identify (if any)?
There was not any ethical issues that I came across at my time at Southwest Human Development.
What are services/education provided (be specific) at the agencies/event(s) you attended:
For every visit we had a pamphlet or a video for the mothers. We were able to educate them on pregnancy and how their bodies are going to change. Also, if the baby was already there we were able to speak to them about how each week their baby is changing and what to expect month to month as the baby is learning to crawl, walk, talk, eat solid foods and so on.
Levels of prevention (primary, secondary, tertiary) and provide examples:
I believe this is all primary because we are always teaching each client about the different stages of pregnancy and what toe expect as well as being able to answer any questions they had. Education is the biggest thing this company does.
Did you enjoy the community health experience? Do you recommend this/these event(s) for future students?
No, I personally did not enjoy this experience. I liked my nurse and the idea of what this company has to offer but it is not something I enjoy doing. I do not like pregnancy and everything that goes on with it. However, I do recommend it for future students that are passionate about helping mothers and want to learn more about community health.
NR 442 Clinical Reflection Journals # 1 – 5
NR 442 Assignment: Clinical Reflection Journal # 1
When arriving at the Perspective High School, security was located at the main entrance all visitors needed to show ID and sign in the log book. The actual program was located on the 3rd floor were four stations were centered around the room with equal amount of space between each station for privacy purpose. All duties were divided. For example: two nursing students were stationed at the boys/girls’ bathroom, one student nurse was stationed ……..
NR-442 Assignment: Clinical Reflection Journal # 2
When arriving at Harper High school, security was located at the student entrance where there were metal detectors all visitors needed to show ID. The overall experience was very surprising, especially since several people in my family had gone to this school in the past. The school was huge on the inside, but barely no students in the school. I was amazed how ancient the schooled looked, it needed lots of repairs, and the auditorium where the presentation was held was very small. ……..
NR 442 Assignment: Clinical Reflection Journal # 3
The overall experience at Tilden High school was very surprising, I was amazed how diverse this school is. The school was huge on the inside, there were a nice amount of students in attendance, just not filled to capacity like when I attended high school. The school needed minor repairs with undated heating systems, and the room where the presentation was held was very small. There were an equal amount of restroom on each floor, which made me feel good because they were not making assumption and being bias concerning attendance. ……..
NR-442 Assignment: Clinical Reflection Journal # 4
The overall experience at Gage Park High school was great, this school was very diverse. The school was huge on the inside, this school was unexpectedly filled to capacity. The school seemed fairly updated and did not need any repairs, the presentation was held in the first gym. There were an equal amount of restroom on each floor, they were clean and very spacious. This was a good experience by providing information to these teenagers. ……..
NR-442 Assignment: Clinical Reflection Journal # 5
The overall experience of Richards’s academy high school was interesting, this school was mainly Hispanic or Black. The school was huge on the inside, and designed like a maze with only about 175 students within the whole school. The school is in need of updates, where the presentation was held, it was cold in not that large. There were an equal amount of restroom on each floor, they were clean and very spacious as well as providing a unisex restroom. This was a good experience by providing information to these teenagers.
Is this the question you were looking for? If so, place your order here to get started!