NR 506 Health Care Policy Full Course Assignment Help
NR 506 Week 1 Discussion: Barriers to Practice (Original Post, Responses)
Discuss barriers to practice as an APN in one’s state from both a state and national perspective. Research methods to influence policy change from various forms of competition, state legislative and executive branches of government and interest groups
- Identify and describe practice barriers for APNs in your state and discuss these barriers on a state and national level.
- … forms of competition on the state and national level that interfere with APN’s ability to practice independently.
- Identify the lawmakers at the state level (i.e., key members of the state’s legislative branch and executive branch of government)
- Discuss interest groups that exist at the state and national levels that influence APN policy.
- Discuss methods used to influence change in policy in forms of competition, state legislative and executive branches of government and interest groups.
NR 506 Week 2 Discussion: Organizational Change and Ethical-Legal Influences in Advanced Practice Nursing Case Study
You are a family nurse practitioner employed in a busy primary care office. The providers in the group include one physician and three nurse practitioners. The back-office staff includes eight medical assistants who assist with patient care as well as filing, answering calls from patients, processing laboratory results and taking prescription renewal requests from patients and pharmacies. Stephanie, a medical assistant, has worked in the practice for 10 years and is very proficient at her job. She knows almost every patient in the practice, and has an excellent rapport with all of the providers.
Mrs. Smith was seen today in the office for an annual physical. Her last appointment was a year ago for the same reason. During this visit, Mrs. Smith brought an empty bottle of amoxicillin with her and asked if she could have a refill. You noted the patient’s name on the label, and the date on the bottle was 1 week ago. You also noted your name printed on the label as the prescriber. The patient admitted that she called last week concerned about her cough and spoke to Stephanie. You do not recall having discussed this patient with Stephanie nor do the other providers in the practice.
Case Study Questions:
1.What are the potential ethical and legal implications for each of the following practice members?
- Medical assistant
- Nurse Practitioner
- Medical Director
2.What strategies would you implement to prevent further episodes of potentially illegal behavior?
3.What leadership qualities would you apply to effect a positive change in the practice? Be thinking about the culture of the practice
NR 506 Week 3 Assignment: Quality Healthcare: Measuring NP Performance (Collection)
– BMI Assessment from HEIDIS Effectiveness of Care
– Childhood Immunization
– Controlling Hypertension
– APN Productivity on Weight Assessment and Counselling for Children-Adolescents
The purpose of this assignment is to have students research the measurement tools of NP performance. Through the use of quality patient outcomes, students will list and discuss three different patient interventions and how they would specifically measure the outcomes and how these primary care interventions result in improved patient outcomes and cost savings for the practice. In addition, students will discuss how these interventions result in improved patient ratings.
The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) (https://www.ncqa.org/ (Links to an external site.)) was formed to ensure quality of patient care and measurement of patient outcomes with set standards.
Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) is a performance measurement tool used by millions of health insurance plans. There are 6 domains of care:
- Effectiveness of Care.
- Access/Availability of Care.
- Experience of Care.
- Utilization and Risk Adjusted Utilization.
- Health Plan Descriptive Information.
- Measures Collected Using Electronic Clinical Data Systems
As an APN, productivity will be an important measurement for the practice to determine reimbursement and salary. Fee-for-service practices will require a set number of patients per day to maintain productivity. A capitated practice will require the APN to have a large panel of patients but also will focus on controlling costs. This … through effective primary care that is accessible, convenient for the patients and has a method of measuring the quality of care.
You are now employed as an FNP in primary care. Choose one performance measure from one of the six domains of care. List and discuss three different patient interventions and how you would specifically measure the outcomes for that particular performance measure. How would these primary care interventions result in improved patient outcomes and cost savings for the practice? How can these interventions result in improved patient ratings?
NR 506 Week 3 Open Forum: Determining Health Care Policy Priorities
NR 506 Week 4 Assignment: Health Policy Analysis Presentation (Collection)
NR-506 Week 4 Assignment: Kaltura Health Policy Analysis Presentation: Teen Pregnancy
NR 506 Week 4 Assignment: Kaltura Health Policy Analysis Presentation: Mental Health
NR-506 Week 4 Assignment: Kaltura Health Policy Analysis: Obesity
NR 506 Week 4 Assignment: Kaltura Health Policy Analysis: Opioid Crisis
NR 506 Week 5 Discussion: Ethical and Legal Implications (2 Versions)
You are a family nurse practitioner working in an outpatient primary care office of a large hospital system. The practice has been operating for over 15 years, and many of the administrative and clinical staff were hired when the practice opened. You have been in the practice for less than 3 months. In that short amount of time, you have witnessed several of the clinical staff engaging in heated arguments with each other, sometimes in patient areas. You overhear an argument occurring today between two staff. You pick up a patient’s chart and notice a very low blood pressure that the medical assistant failed to notify you about. When you confront the MA, she states that she was going to report the vital signs to you when she became engaged in the heated argument you overheard and forgot to notify you.
Unfortunately, this pattern of behavior is not unusual in this practice. Working with staff who cannot cooperate effectively can negatively influence your ability to spend time with patients, can impede the flow of patients through the office, and could impact patient safety.
Case Study Responses:
1. Analyze the case study for potential issues for members of the healthcare team from office conflict. Contrast the potential effects for each member of the healthcare team based upon the required readings from the week. Discuss the potential ethical and legal implications for each of the following practice members:
- Medical assistant
- Nurse Practitioner
- Medical Director
2. What strategies would you implement to prevent further episodes of potentially dangerous patient outcomes? CULTURE OF SAFETY, quality improvement
3. What leadership qualities would you apply to effect positive change in the practice? Focus on the culture of the
4. A scholarly resource must be used for EACH discussion question each
NR 506 Week 6 Discussion: Scope of Practice and Patient’s Healthcare Accessibility
1. Discuss your state NP community in terms of scope of practice. Include your state’s scope of practice for NPs including:
- Level of independence of practice
- Prescribing authority
- Any limitations of practice
- Process for obtaining licensure in your state
- Certification and education requirements for licensure.
2. If you live in a full practice, how has independent practice of the APN resulted in improved patient access to healthcare? For instance, is the ED … for primary care? Are the EDs … with long wait times? Are there urgent care clinics readily available? Is there adequate access to primary care? If you live in a full practice, how has independent practice of the APN resulted in improved patient access to healthcare?
3. How does access to NPs impacts any healthcare disparities?
4. A scholarly resource must … for EACH discussion question each week.
NR 506 Week 7 Assignment: Policy Concern Presentation – School Health Based Clinic (SHBC)
NR 506 Week 7 Discussion: APNs as Healthcare Policy Leaders
- Explanation of how healthcare policy can impact the advanced practice nurse profession:
- Explanation of why advocacy is … an essential component of the advance practice nurse’s role:
- Discuss the four pillars of Transformational leadership and the effect it may have on influencing policy change:
- A scholarly resource must be used for EACH discussion question each week.
NR 506 Week 8 Reflection on Achievement of Outcomes (2 Versions)
- How to make informed decisions on nursing practice and patient outcomes on a global basis. In addition, state how you will apply what you have learned in this course to your upcoming practicum
- Describe how one will apply content from NR506NP to the upcoming clinical courses.
Is this the question you were looking for? If so, place your order here to get started!