Nurs 6052 wk 11 discussion
In this Discussion, you focus on how to create an organizational culture that supports evidence-based practice.
- Review the information in this week’s Learning Resources. Examine the various suggestions for promoting an organizational culture that embraces the use of EBP.
- Reflect on your own organization’s (or one in which you have worked) support of evidence-based practice. Examine how culture and policies impact the adoption of changes to practice based on evidence. What barriers exist?
- Consider the models and suggestions for promoting evidence-based practice featured in this week’s Learning Resources. Identify models and suggestions that would work well in your organization.
- Reflect on the significance of evidence-based practice in health care. What responsibility do nurses have to promote EBP and change practices to better reflect evidence and research findings?
- Reflect on how nurses can disseminate findings from evidence-based practice research.
Post in 24 hrs , 1 page discussion paper : an evaluation of your organization’s use of EBP and how it is furthered or hindered by organizational culture and policies.
Describe how you could disseminate the findings.
Propose a strategy for strengthening the culture of EBP within the organization.
Discuss a nurse’s responsibility to further the use of EBP, providing a rationale supported by specific information from the Learning Resources.
- Polit, D. F., & Beck, C. T. (2012). Nursing research: Generating and assessing evidence for nursing practice (Laureate Education, Inc., custom ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Chapter 28, “Disseminating Evidence: Reporting Research Findings”
Aitken, L. M., Hackwood, B, Crouch, S., Clayton, S., West, N., Carney, D., & Jack, L. (2011). Creating an environment to implement and sustain evidence based practice: A developmental process. Australian Critical Care, 24(4), 244–254. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Is this the question you were looking for? If so, place your order here to get started!