List of Approved Companies
Microsoft® Intel® Roche Pharmaceutical® Raytheon®
General Electric® Pearson® Toyota® Citigroup®
Boeing* ® Target® Pepsi-Co® Texaco®
Hewlett-Packard® Dell® Starbucks*® Honeywell®
Alcon® Nike® Ford® EDC Publishing®
American Express® ARCO® BEA Systems® Cisco®
DuPont*® McDonalds*® UPS® Glaxo Smith Kline®
Home Depot*® KPMG® Monsanto® Kroger*®
· Select a company from the above list that interests you. Each team member must research onecompany as a prospective focus for the final project.
· Research the company’s HR Web site for internally and externally disseminated documents, mission and vision statements, and the company’s core competencies.
· Review each member’s organizational research and core competencies, and choose your company.
· Prepare a 200- to 350-word paper that provides an overview of your selected company. Provide the company’s name, core competencies (primary business objectives and product lines) it’s mission or vision , and an explanation of why your team selected this company for its project.
· Write your paper in 3rd person. (See Writing Tips posted in Main Forum on how to write in 3rd person).
· Use References: from your research. Use at least two separate sources.
· Cite your references. If you used an electronic source, include the link. Make sure you use in-text citations in the body of the paper to identify any work that relies upon information from another source. Even if you have re-written researched work in your own words (paraphrased) you must cite your source. See our Free Tips posted in the Main Forum for tips on how to format your references.
· Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines