Study Discussion: Marketing Question
Study Discussion: Marketing Question
ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPER ASSIGNMENT : Study Discussion: Marketing Question
This quiz must be in the appropriate folder no later than Sunday, October 9, 2016 at 11:59PM EST in the assignment folder. After this date and time, this quiz is not going to be accepted.
This quiz covers all the reading assignments for week 6 and week 7.
T and F
1) Private transportation has come to dominate travel in this country to such an extent that the United States is less connected via public transportation now than it was in the late 1980s.
2) Older Americans do not rely on private vehicles for their transportation needs; almost 90% of trips taken by older adults over age 65 are in public transportation.
3) Up to age 80 the majority of older adults have good driving records and appear to perform as well as middle-aged drivers.
4) Medicare beneficiaries estimate that 14.1 million older adults have some degree of difficulty walking or climbing stairs.
5) Walking long distances to the nearest bus stop and bus stops that have inadequate shelters, no benches, and poor lighting are barriers to public transit by older adults.
6) Public transportation is defined as service that is available for specific trip purpose to working individuals of any age and is operated by public agencies or supported by public funds to some extent.
7) Competence refers to the upper limits of an individual’s abilities and extends across several areas of functioning, including sensory-cognitive abilities, capacity for self-care but not the ability to perform instrumental activities, mastery, and social skills.
8) To expand housing choices, we need to ensure that the Fair Housing Act is being followed when building new housing areas.
9) A moderately challenging environment is not beneficial to an elder because it encourages growth and therefore stretches the person’s abilities.
10) To be eligible for a Reversible Mortgage, a homeowner must be 67 years of age or older, have a very low outstanding mortgage balance or own the home free and clear, occupy the property as the principal resident, but could be delinquent on any federal debt.
11) Federal legislation has created a number of housing programs that assist older adults who have limited incomes through Section 8, Section 202, and public housing.
12) Once borrowers receive an HECM, (Reversible Mortgage) they are obligated to occupy the home as a principal residence, make timely payments of the property taxes, maintain a homeowner’s hazard insurance policy, and maintain the property in a condition equal to when they secured the loan.
13) Many public housing communities employ on-site service coordinators who help elderly residents obtain supportive services that allow them to continue to live in place independently, without having to move to more expensive assisted care environments
14) Cohousing, a form of residential development designed to promote the practice of caring for neighbors as they age while retaining individual privacy, is not an appealing living arrangement for older adults.
15) Respite Programs provide services in the older person’s home or at a specific site in the community (e.g., adult day services, nursing home, hospital).
16) The role of spousal caregiver often comes at a time in the couple’s lives when they may be experiencing health problems or the reduction of functional capacities associated with aging.
17) Hospice is a philosophy of caring for individuals who are terminally ill, but not their family members.
18) Respite care is temporary, short-term supervisory, personal, and nursing care provided to older adults with physical or mental impairments to allow caregivers to take a break from their caregiver’s role.
19) Personal care is a reimbursable service under Medicare.
20) An alternative type of in-home respite is called Video Respite. This series of 20 to 50 minute videotapes was designed to capture and maintain the attention of persons with dementia.
21) System barriers related to the use of respite care services include lack of service availability when wanted or needed most and lack of control over who provides services
22) Older adults who receive in-home care typically exhibit more frequent social and behavioral problems than do participants in other types of respite programs
23) The Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act enacted in 1982 created the Medicare hospice program
24) Shared housing is an arrangement in which two or more unrelated individuals share a home or apartment. For older adults with extra living space in their homes, this housing option can provide financial benefits
25) The 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) put forth by the Obama administration created two new Medicaid options for states to cover HCBS—Community First Choice and the Balancing Incentive Program
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.
Get a 10 % discount on an order above $ 50
Use the following coupon code : NPS15
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
Is this the question you were looking for? If so, place your order here to get started!