Review the video on building the Big Picture Model, found in the “Start Here” section of this classroom. Read the syllabus and skim the text to locate a topic you would like to research and write about.
Your final paper is 15 pages double-spaced (excluding the executive summary, footnotes and references) with a 10 or 12 point font. Tables, graphics, and diagrams must be placed in the paper as attachments. They do not count in the page length. There is no set organizational format for the paper but your work should include, at a minimum, the following:
- Executive summary (1 page)
- Statement and analysis of the issue / case (including your analysis of the sources of the problem, stakeholders, etc…)
- Position (a clear statement of what your position on the issue)
- Support for your position along with anticipated obstacles, stakeholders, and facilitating factors (designed to persuade the reader to your thesis and drawn from evidence and the literature)
- Conclusion and future direction