Unit 1: Application Assignment – Mission Vision and Value Statements
HC 491 Week 1 Assignment Help Assignment Help
Unit 1: Application Assignment – Mission, Vision, and Value Statements
MacLeod, L. (2016). Mission, Vision and Values Statements: The Physician Leader’s Role. (Health Care Organizations). Physician Leadership Journal, (5).
In this case study, you will learn about the importance of Mission and Value Statements. Although this article is written from the perspective of why this matters to physician leaders, it will be crucial to understand the process of creating a Mission and Value Statement for your healthcare entity.
Students reading this article should develop better perspectives on the difference between a Mission and Value Statement and why this is essential to the success of a healthcare entity to ensure both are carefully constructed and easy to understand and follow. This case provides students with the opportunity to analyze what makes an effective Mission and Value Statement.
Watch the video on Vision for the American Public Health Association
- Quality of responses
o You are expected to carefully read the assignment instructions, then thoroughly and explicitly address each component of the corresponding case study questions.
o Your responses should reflect cognitive processing at the knowledge (remember), understanding, and application levels, which are essential for someone being prepared to serve in a supervisory/first-line management position within the healthcare and related industry.
o There is no minimum number of references that need to be utilized to support the completion of this assignment; however, it is generally understood that any good quality submission will incorporate sufficient scholarly sources to support the suppositions and recommendations contained within the document.
o The submission will not exceed four (4) pages in length, excluding the title and references pages. If applicable, you are to adhere to the formatting requirements specified by the instructor. Absent specified formatting requirements from the instructor, students should default to the APA writing style (6th edition.
o Your assignment should be prepared as a Microsoft Word document and uploaded to Canvas.
- Refer to Assignments and Grading for more information.
- Discuss why Mission Statements are critical for healthcare organizations.
- Identify an effective Mission Statement for an organization that participates in Population Health strategy. You should plan to find a Mission Statement that is not used in this article.
- Discuss what a Vision Statements is and how this should differ from a Mission statement; explain why the Vision Statement is critical for healthcare organizations.
- Identify an effective Vision Statement for an organization that participates in Population Health strategy. You should plan to find a Vision Statement that is not used in this article or in the video.
- Write an original sample Mission and Value Statement for a Population Health entity.
Is this the question you were looking for? If so, place your order here to get started!